Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012 is here...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! I have no double been away trying to catch up with life as 2011 had me baking up a storm every week! I thoroughly enjoyed last year and it has taught me so much about myself and my limits...breaking limits and setting more goals for 2012.

I have been promising recipes and due to the lack of time and sometime Internet issues (as I have been away and out of the norm for 10 weeks) I hadn't had the chance to share with you some recipes that I have used in the past. Granted that I now use my own recipes...this is one that had been used by myself and a few friends that had shared this beauty with me...so check it out...

the GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE recipe...


4 ounces (120 grams) semi sweet chocolate, chopped
2 1/4 cups (270 grams) cake flour
3/4 cup (60 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (240 ml) hot coffee or boiling water
1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
1 1/4 cups (280 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups (450 grams) granulated white sugar
5 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Coconut Pecan Frosting:
1 1/4 cups (125 grams) pecans
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
1 cup (240 ml) evaporated milk (can also use light or heavy cream)
3 large (60 grams) egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (150 grams) sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/GermanChocolateCake.html#ixzz1kYdRHLXu


I frost my German Chocolate cakes with a deep
chocolate frosting...it's makes a huge difference

I didn't use the hot coffee part...but that's up to you. The method is on the site above...let me know your thoughts. Sorry that I am unable to share my very own recipe...but I know you will enjoy this one.

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment