Saturday, April 16, 2011

{it's already Saturday night...}

Yup...here we are again! Saturday night and still afew things to do before I can crawl into bed! Not complaining...coz I love what i do! Tuesday I had so much fun making a chefs hat - cake. I got my husband to cut out a chopping board and etch the birthday boys name in it. I thought it was an awesome idea...so this is how it looked in the end...


No I didn't make the vegetables those are just props ahahaha! the board was made by my awesome Husband. The cake [hat] numbers and knife are all edible! So much fun!!

I also had designed a plaque for a friends mother who turned 60 today! My mate Shar picked it up tonight and loved it. It came out alot different to the drawing...but it was still an awesome/different plaque then your regular pick at a store. SO this is how it went down...first the concept...then straight on the laptop it was created...



The completed drawing, then the image inserted...

And now things would change...



Had to sort out cut out lines and etched lines...this is where my husband jumped it. It's a big job - these are the lines he ended up with. Then everything got cut out. The outer line was ply wood so that the cut out part could be attached to a backing then hung on the wall.




You can't see the lines in this photo but this is the finished product! Alot of work and alot of time...BUT happy customer :) There was also a SLAB carrot cake I had made for the 60th...but in my rush (because the mushroom and ham fettuccine was ready) .I didn't take any pictures :( will post some up...if I can steal some :P



The angle is weird coz of the flash...but you can see what I mean! Alot of work :p
Also I made some camo cupcakes today for Jack who turned 8yrs old.




Finishing up a couple more cakes tonight and tomorrow. I don't like to work on Sundays...but just going to have to :)
I know I said I would have a competition and a recipe up on this...but possibly tomorrow!

Easter is around the corner...and all I ask is to teach your children, nieces/nephews the reason why we celebrate Easter. It's not because of the Easter bunny or the chocolate eggs! My husband and I don't tell our kids things about the Easter bunny or of the tooth fairy...not even Santa! We tell them the truth about where the teeth go, who buys the Christmas presents and what Easter is all about.

Stay tuned...Tomorrow I shall have alittle something for you to bake...and alil game to win some Easter goodness.


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment